Account Resolution Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Account Resolution Specialist is responsible for managing account receivables and reduce the number of aged accounts by resolving disputed and denied claims. The Account Resolution Specialist will also ensure accurate payments are made in conjunction with payer contracts.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous experience in medical collection/account resolution
- Proficient at partner programs (i.e.: MS Outlook/Express, Word, Excel).
- Ability to cope with ambiguous, changing environment while under pressure in a calm
- A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current
- Must have the ability to function independently and possess great organizational skills.
- Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills in handling interactions with Palmetto Infusion staff, other agencies, groups, patients and families.
- Competent in use of company email as means of communication, accessing the company website to view company policies and electronic medical records.
- Competent in the use of company self-service payroll software (time and attendance, benefits, pay statements).
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office products and the ability to navigate Internet Explorer. Proficient in typing, word processing (Microsoft Outlook/Express, Word, Excel), and familiar with office equipment.
- Proficient in the operation of operating system.
- This position requires a knowledge of, and sensitivity to, cultural and language differences.
- Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- There are a number of deadlines associated with this position. The employee must also multi-task and interact with a wider variety of people on various and, at times, complicated issues.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to frequently stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, talk and hear. There may be prolonged periods of sitting, keyboarding, reading, as well as driving or riding in transport vehicles. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include reading, distance, computer, and color vision. Talking and hearing are essential to communicate with patients, vendors and staff.
- Must be able to work as a team member and develop productive and cooperative working relationships with all members of the Palmetto Infusion team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review account balances and resolve accounts/invoices by partnering with insurance companies and/or patients.
- Collaborate with various departments to gather necessary information in order to have claims reprocessed or resubmitted.
- Coordinate with Intake team and contracts team to determine accuracy of information loaded on patient accounts to avoid disputed or underpaid claims.
- Participate in end-of-month closing procedures.
In performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees and contract employees of Palmetto Infusion are expected to conform to the following:
- Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards of the healthcare industry.
- Display a neat, clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Interact in an honest, trustworthy and dependable manner with patients, employees and vendors.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Maintain a current insurable driver's license.
- Maintain professional licensure, certification and health requirements as required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary functions of this job. Normal office conditions exist, and the noise level in the work environment can vary from low to moderate. Limited overnight travel may be required from time to time.
All employees must uphold the confidentiality of protected health information and follow all HIPAA policies. This position has access to sensitive information and a breach of information may be grounds for immediate termination.
Disclaimer: The information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Employees will be asked to perform other duties as needed.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
BusinessView all jobs at Palmetto Infusion