Job Title: Medical Office Scheduler
Job Status: Full-Time
Education: High school diploma required
Experience: One- year office and surgery scheduling experience required.
The Medical Office Scheduler is a key member of Palmetto Digestive Health Specialists and is responsible for scheduling procedures, answering patient inquires and coordinating the daily administration of physicians and patients while ensuring all patients receive high quality care and excellent customer service.
• Schedule patients for procedures, appointments or additional testing
• Educate patients on pre-procedure instructions, any follow-up orders and address any questions
• Communicate with outside medical facilities schedule medical procedures and obtain patient records.
• Travel with the physician and CMA to satellite locations
• Answer incoming calls and communicate with the direct department within the EMR system.
• Complete tasks received from physicians or other departments within the office
• Communicate with outside provider offices to obtain medical clearances for patients
• Determine patient payment and collecting copays and deductibles
• Coordinate with the hospitals to adjust physician schedules
• Contact insurance companies to obtain prior authorization for medical procedures
• Basic office responsibilities: verifying demographics, sending outbound faxes and referrals, medical release forms, monitoring supplies
• Correspond with physicians and other staff regarding patient questions and/or concerns
• Excellent customer service
• Organize and communicate clearly
• Comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions
• Operate basic office equipment: computer, copier/fax, telephones
• Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
• HIPPA Compliance
• Strong work ethic
• Multi-Tasking with minimal supervision
Core Values/Service Excellence
• Demonstrates excellent customer service through professional greetings, proper telephone etiquette, and exceeding patient expectations
• Addresses patient concerns and resolves conflict
• Possesses a professional attitude and appearance
• Shows respect for fellow employees through teamwork
Job Type: Full-time