The clinical role is a key member of Palmetto Digestive Health Specialists Team and is responsible for providing clinical expertise ensuring all patients receive high quality care with excellent customer service.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Medical Office Assistant and Medical Assistant training.
Experience: One-year office experience preferred. Experience in a physician practice environment or other similar health care setting preferred. Two years medical office experience strongly preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Current Certified Medical Assistant Certificate. Must have a current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider Card.
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or physicians' instructions to patients.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Perform routine laboratory tests and sample analyses.
- Perform office duties, such as answering telephones, taking dictation, or completing insurance forms.
- Greet and log in patients arriving at office or clinic.
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests or admission.
- Strong patient-centered focus.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Ability to organize and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to problem solve and show good judgment.
- Record vital signs and patient's chief complaint
- Basic skill with computer keyboard, data entry functions and various software programs, e.g, Word and Internet applications.
- Knowledge in area of medical terminology.
- Basic skills with computer keyboard, data entry functions and various software programs i.e.: Word and Internet applications.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills as well as customer service excellence.
Core Values/Service Excellence
- Work efforts reflect a passion for patient care and education of medical diagnosis.
- Demonstrates commitment to interpersonal excellence through patient confidentiality, common courtesy and professional attitude and appearance.
- Recognizes the benefits of team collaboration. Shows respect for fellow employees by working together to get the job done.
- Effectively addresses patient’s concerns and resolves conflict in a manner that is fair to all.
Physical Requirements and other Special Requirement
Continuous requirement to perform job functions while standing, walking and sitting. Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, climb stairs, reach in all directions, fully use both hands and legs, perform repetitive motions with hands/wrists/elbows and shoulders reach in all directions. Frequently lift and/or carry objects 25 lbs (+/-) unassisted.
Job Type: Full-time