Palmer Group is recruiting a Staff Accountant for an equipment industry client located in Des Moines. The individual in this position will work closely with our client’s Controller to complete various accounting and information technology functions. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on self-starter with the ability to gain the confidence and respect of their customers. If this sounds like you, please apply today!
- Prepare various financial statements
- Assist with month-end closing functions
- Keep aging reports accurate and balanced
- Perform account setup and terminations for various computer programs
- Provide help when the annual audit is conducted
- Act as go-to individual when software issues arise
- Audit equipment invoicing
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or equivalent relevant experience
- 3+ years’ accounting experience
- Strong computer program aptitude
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with QuickBooks or Oracle a plus
- Complex analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and listening abilities
Hours May Vary: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Taylor Maroste at (515) 225-7000 or email Taylor at email@example.com.
Why Work Here?Palmer Group is Iowa's premier employment firm. We were founded in 1998 with a mission to become the best firm in Iowa and that continues to be our goal today. We have 70+ professionals in our West Des Moines and Cedar Rapids offices, providing hundreds of client companies with a broad range of employment services that include recruiting, professional temporary and contract staffing, outplacement and managed information technology services.