Church Ministry Coordinator
Palisades Presbyterian Church San Diego, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Church Ministry Coordinator is a multifaceted administrative and organizational
position. They work in concert with the Pastor, Session, Deacons, and Congregation to further
the Mission of Palisades Presbyterian Church, support and coordinate congregational activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work with Commissions to support, develop, and promote ministries, church fellowship,
programs, and events.
2. Resource Deacons in providing encouragement to the active and homebound
a. Coordinate with Pastor and Deacons to serve Communion to homebound
members on a planned schedule. Oversee communications between servers and
3. Solicit content from Elders and Deacons to promote church activities internally through
Bulletin Announcements, Flyers, Beacon, Email Blasts, and Social Media, including
Website, Facebook, etc.
4. Promote church activities externally through promotional mailings, traditional media
outlets (print, radio, and television).
5. Provide Monthly reports to Session.
6. Support Beacon newsletter communicating ministries and activities.
7. Collaborate and assist with Office Administrator and Master Calendar.
8. Collect, collate, and input staff members’ timecards.
9. The Church Ministry Coordinator is a key-holder for facilities and must demonstrate
capacity to reliably secure church facilities.
10. Attend called staff meetings.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Attributes:
• Strong Oral Communication Skills
• Strong Written Communication Skills
• Strong Social Networking/Engagement Skills
• WordPress Website, desirable
• Strong Presentation/Public Speaking Skills
• Highly Cooperative and Interactive
• Strong Planning Skills
• Exceptional Creativity
• Exceptional Organization
• Project Management
• Highly Reliable
• Exceptional Problem-Solving Skills
• Conflict Resolution Skills
• Time Management
• Google, Microsoft Proficiency
• Meet Physical Demands of the Job
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred. Five to seven years’ experience providing
compassionate church leadership. Vision for church growth expressed in spiritual growth of
members and outreach. Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate and implement
ministry. Ability to multitask and deal with wide variety of personalities and complex situations
within the Palisades Presbyterian Church body
Palisades Presbyterian ChurchWhy Work Here?
Compassionate community of faith looking to love and serve our Lord through loving and serving our neighbors!
6301 Birchwood StreetSan Diego, CA
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Palisades Presbyterian Church