**Pay Range: $17.25 to $19.25 per hour – Depends on Experience**
**(CPhT) Pharmacy Technician Certification required.**
**Core hours: 8:am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday**
**Must be willing to occasionally work non core hours that could include: 7am-4pm, 9am-6pm and 12pm-9pm**
** Must be willing to work full-time (40 hours a week) .**
** Must be willing to attend and travel out of state for paid off-site training for up to 2 weeks (Monday-Friday) **
Primary responsibilities of the CPhT will be as a Customer Care Representative (CCR) are to answer pharmacy customer inquiries and/or resolve issues/concerns in order to support customers. This position ensures that all calls received from customers are handled promptly, efficiently, and accurately to ensure quality services are provided to Palisade customers.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Some of these job duties may be specific to individuals and may not be required at all or any time. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products and services.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
- Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of investigation results.
- Meet customer satisfaction targets and performance goals as set by supervisor.
- Handle medium to large call volumes on a consistent basis.
- Have the ability to respond to customers via phone or internet.
- Handle authorizations and overrides for emergent fill medication for veterans.
- Generate faxes and emails.
- Update requested doctors to POC lists.
- Update requested formulary changes.
- Set-up and update of new clinic for the VA.
- Medical claim questions.
- Contact jail facilities to get verification on inmates.
- Clarify information on formulary for the VA.
- Handle prior authorizations from VA Pharmacy and rejections from retail pharmacy.
- Training of new staff.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Accuracy/Quality - Accuracy looks at the extent to which an individual’s work is correct and error free within company policies and guidelines.
- Attendance - Faithfulness in coming to work daily and conforming to scheduled work hours.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Job Knowledge - Knowledge of job and policies/procedures that apply to one's job.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Judgment - The skill of judgment looks at the ability of the individual to form sound opinions or make decisions by evaluating available information.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Degree required;
Experience: One to three years related experience in a pharmacy environment or pharmacy customer service center.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Microsoft Outlook
Certificates & Licenses: (CPhT) Pharmacy Technician Certification required at hire.
Preferred Skills: Ability to fluently speak, read, and write in English. Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus but not required. A thorough, dependable, detail-oriented approach to work with excellent communication skills. Ideal candidate must possess attentive listening skills and the ability to provide a high level of customer service experience. Knowledge of pharmacy services preferred. Knowledge of Federal section healthcare preferred. Demonstrated ability to work with a team of colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles.
Stand: O (Occasionally)
Walk: O (Occasionally)
Sit: C (Constantly)
Handling / Fingering: F (Frequently)
Reach Outward: F (Frequently)
Reach Above Shoulder: O (Occasionally)
Climb: N (Not Applicable)
Crawl: N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel: N (Not Applicable)
Bend: O (Occasionally)
10 lbs or less: O (Occasionally)
11-20 lbs: O (Occasionally)
21-50 lbs: N (Not Applicable)
51-100 lbs: N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs: N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less: O (Occasionally)
13-25 lbs: O (Occasionally)
26-40 lbs: N (Not Applicable)
41-100 lbs: N (Not Applicable)
Other Physical Requirements: Speak, Hearing, Vision
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Palisade Strategies, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.