The Regional Practice Manager provides leadership, direction, coordination, and administration of operations for a group of corporate clinics. The Regional Practice Manager is responsible for the oversight of a number of employer (onsite and near site) clinics in a regional territory, including ordering of supplies, scheduling, running the clinic compliance programs, management of non-provider medical personnel, and for assuring Paladina Health physicians have the resources and tools necessary to be successful. Because this is a regional position, the Regional Practice Manager must be willing to travel extensively throughout the region and accept responsibility for meeting financial, regulatory and satisfaction goals for a number of geographically dispersed clinics. Additionally, the Regional Practice Manager will work with our corporate client’s benefits department to assure their plan design goals are being met.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caring for our patients:
- Plans, organizes, and manages field operations for several clinics, including staff hiring, training, scheduling, inventory control and facility upkeep.
- Participates in the education and enrollment activities associated with acquiring new patient members and helping them to engage with the program.
- Ensures patient safety goals and infection control standards are achieved throughout the clinics.
- Participates in the achievement of patient, client, and employee satisfaction goals. Responds to clinic operational complaints with thorough investigation of concerns.
- Ensures clinic schedule templates are maintained to promote efficiencies in practices and customer satisfaction.
Caring for our teammates:
- Oversees staffing of clinics, ensuring appropriate coverage and level of staffing needed to support physicians, clinic schedules, and corporate client.
- Orients new staff (including physicians) as assigned ensuring that appropriate information necessary for the successful performance of duties and responsibilities and enhancing employee retention efforts.
- Assumes responsibility for clinical staff adherence to personal appearance, dress and grooming standards, always portraying a professional appearance.
Financial and regulatory management
- Provides leadership in complying with governmental, accreditation, and other regulations/requirements and with clinic policies.
- Coordinates workflow in clinics and prioritizes and shifts duties as necessary to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Manages the vendors and external services used in clinics.
- Actively participates in projects and activities that promote achievement of quality, financial, and strategic goals.
- Communicates in a timely and consistent manner, ensuring a professional and respectful exchange of information and ideas. Responds to physician issues regarding clinic operations
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the essential functions of the job and operational needs of the department.
- Well-developed sense of how to hire for and to develop service excellence in teammates
- Appreciation of the importance of a common culture and ideas for promoting our core values
- Ability to be a respected leader who demonstrates devotion to team, self-awareness, and a “get-things-done” attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare related or business field
- 5+ years of business, clinical or military experience, with accountability for metrics, satisfaction, and operational efficiency.
- Previous clinical management experience in physician practice setting required.
- Must be able and willing to travel extensively throughout the assigned region.
- Demonstrates a high degree of client focus and attention to service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation, employee management, and project implementation skills
- Strong computer skills with MS Office and EMR tools required, preferably eCW (eClinical Works)