Paladina Health is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to join the team at our State Capitol and Downtown Denver locations! Are you exhausted by 20+ patients a day? Not enough time to really connect with your patients and change their lives? At Paladina Health, we put our patients first and make a real difference in their lives by providing excellent care and an exceptional experience.
In addition to smaller patient panels, less stress, and a strong commitment to quality care, Paladina Health provides a fully comprehensive benefits package to all full time employees. This includes:
- .Competitive pay with additional bonus opportunities
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- HSA/FSA options
- 401K with company match
- Short/Long term disability
About the Role
The Medical Assistant is a key component of our care team and works closely with a primary care physician to deliver excellent patient care and provide an exceptional guest experience to our patients. Because of our unique model, our Medical Assistants oversee the full spectrum of the patient experience- acting both as a Medical Receptionist as well as assuming clinical responsibilities of a Medical Assistant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Escorts patients to room and ensures that exam rooms are thoroughly cleaned and stocked
- Reviews previous medical information and gathers any relevant updated health information from the patient to inform the provider
- Take patient vitals performs any needed laboratory tests
- Perform blood draws and basic laboratory tests
- Complete EKGs
- Give injections, bandage wounds, assist with procedures
- Prepares and administers approved medications and immunizations via oral, topical, inhaled, intramuscular, subcutaneous or intradermal at the direction of and upon written order from the Provider
- Partners with other members of the care team to develop individual patient plan of care including identifying and working to address gaps in care
- Front desk duties, including: patient scheduling, documentation, check-in, check-out, etc.
- Medical record requests and abstraction
- Coordinate specialist visits, referrals, and other care outside of the clinic
- Documents care provided accurately on patient records.
- Records accurate and pertinent data in the medical record according to documentation guidelines
- Process test results and provide the patient with timely results via e-message, mail or phone as directed in written instructions by the Provider
- Participates in outreach to patients to drive engagement among Paladina Health eligible patient groups
- Maintains clinical and office supplies and equipment for treatments
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in primary care (preferred)
- High school diploma (required)
- Graduation from a formal MA or LPN training program (required)
- Certification with one of the following: AAMA, NCCT, AMCA, NAHP, NCMA or registration with the AMT (required)
- Passionate about transforming the way healthcare is delivered
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment where patient’s come first
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for creating and driving best practices in care
- Willingness to go the extra mile for patients