The Front Office Representative will be the first point of contact for all patients providing a consistent superior customer service experience in accordance with the organization’s mission. This position will demonstrate excellent customer services techniques, meet and greet patients; answer patient calls; identify and clarify patients’ needs and desires, confirm patient's identity and eligibility, obtain required signatures from patients, schedule patients for appointments, and answer patient's questions.
- Acts as the positive “face” of the clinic as the main point of contact for patients and visitors.
- Support the clinic operations by greeting and checking in patients at the front desk, scheduling appointments, and other front desk functions.
- Schedules appointments confirms patient availability and properly reviews appointment date, time, location, and provider name with caller for accuracy.
- Answers telephone promptly and in a polite professional manner. Direct calls as needed.
- Uses sound judgement in handling calls, especially with upset patients. Understands when to escalate calls to appropriate person for resolution.
- Maintain all delegated worklists (tasks) through the electronic medical record. Scanning in appropriate documents into patient record, faxing referrals in a timely manner, assisting with documentation on patient incentive plans.
- Effective, efficient and safe use of equipment.
- May assist with stocking and inventory control of supplies.
- Strong team skills with the ability to work with team members with in the clinic and across other clinics, request assistance and provide support when needed.
- Positive attitude and a strong “servant leadership” mentality to both patients and other clinic staff.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Reliable and punctual attendance per the schedule.
- Self-directed and able to work well independently and within a team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong customer service and oral communication skills
- Using standard office equipment such as phones, copiers and facsimiles
- Communicating with a wide variety of people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds under stressful conditions
- Perform blood draws as needed
Paladina Health/Activate Healthcare is transforming the way primary care is delivered. We operate primary care clinics that deliver better care for our patients, thereby reducing the cost of care. Our care teams are health advocates for our patients, driving highly differentiated clinical outcomes. Our clinical excellence group is working to be the most innovative; evidence based clinical care organization in the world.
-Patient first orientation in all aspects of the clinic with a focus on prevention, wellness, and comprehensive primary care
-Smaller patient panels
-Longer patient appointments giving extra time for the care team to spend with patients
-Insurance-free business model allows for less time dealing with billing and more time caring for patients
-Small office atmosphere with 2-3 total providers at the clinic
-Extensive use of technology and Electronic Medical Records (EMR)