Paladin is on the hunt for a Marketing and PR Coordinator for our client, a government/community organization based in Lake County, IL, on a four-month contract with the potential to convert into a permanent role.
In this position, the ideal candidate will be responsible for creating content for the organization’s website, social media accounts, newsletters and marketing collateral as well as performing basic public relations duties such as creating and editing media lists and writing press releases.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing a social media account and strong writing skills. This is an entry-level role seeking a candidate 0-2 years of experience (a bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred). Candidates without a bachelor’s degree but 2+ years of relevant experience will be considered.
Location: Grayslake, IL
Job Type: W2 contract
Duration: 4 months, potential to convert to direct hire
- Performs general administrative duties (faxing, filing, copying, mailings, phone calls).
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of media lists, calendars, PowerPoint presentations, and photo files.
- Assists with the creation of content and distribution of flyers, press releases, newsletters, and other collateral.
- Updates company website and social media sites.
- Conducts necessary research.
- Assists in the planning and execution of events for residents, staff and the public.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 2+ years of relevant experience
- Strong writing skills