Systems Engineer II
- Posted: 18 days ago
Paladin Technologies is a premiere complex systems integrator that designs and deploys sophisticated systems technology in a client-focused approach. Operating in 25 offices across North America, Paladin is a leader in the design, deployment, optimization, management, and maintenance of integrated systems including Security, Audio-Visual, and Data Networking systems.
The Systems Engineer performs discovery and analysis of business needs to define client requirements. This position works in conjunction with Account Executives and the Project Management team to determine technical requirements for project work and to ensure fit and suitability of our product offering within the client environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Prepare high level system designs in a thorough and professional manner during the pre-sales cycle. Design work may include conducting site surveys and device mark-ups, network architecture design, server loading, writing technical narratives and proposals, and preparing bills of materials
- Produce detailed design drawings and technical descriptions of physical security, other building technologies and the supporting networking, server and storage architectures in collaboration with owners and their representatives
- Develop post-sale design documents that will guide the technical installation and configuration of systems
- Develop financial and logistics estimates, both independently and in collaboration with Paladin Technologies sales, marketing, and project management professionals
- Multi-task and manage time effectively to prioritize projects, tasks, and meetings as necessary
- Identify, establish, and document processes to support design efficiency and scalability
- Develop productive relationships with clients and key stakeholders which will build respect and confidence in the organization’s capabilities.
- Understand and maintain an awareness of the productivity and profitability of work carried out by the organization
- A minimum of three years of design experience in the information technology, instrumentation and controls, and/or security industries
- Field experience in a construction environment is an asset
- A strong understanding of the physical security and/or IT industries, including an awareness of complimentary products, technologies, trends, and the general application of physical security technology
- An understanding of and experience with fundamental concepts pertaining to IP networks, low voltage electronics, power, and communications
- Post-secondary education from an accredited college, university, or technical institution in Business, Construction Management, Electronics, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field
Demonstrated Professional Competencies
- Motivated self-starter with ambition to independently research new technologies as well as engineering and business methodologies/concepts
- A strong command of the English language supported by excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and projects and be responsive to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, climb, walk, sit, push, pull, squat, crawl, and stoop. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and type on keyboard; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work in a typical office environment, and is occasionally exposed to construction equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Paladin Technologies offers a strong compensation package including medical, dental, vision, and company-paid life insurance, 401(k), PTO, training and certification opportunities, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 858-668-1705 to speak with Human Resources and let us know the nature of your request.
Paladin Technologies has emerged as the largest complex systems integrator in Canada. As a leader in the design, deployment, optimization, management, and maintenance of IP-based Integrated Security, Audio-Visual and Data Networking systems, Paladin can meet the needs of clients on a national scale, while providing local support.
We are a multi-national company with a local feel that operates across Canada, the western US, and Texas. The experts that makeup Paladin’s teams stay at the forefront of the changing technology landscape through continued training, complex client projects, and company support. As Paladin continues to grow, we continue to provide our employees with exciting challenges and a rewarding career.
Visit our website and social media pages for more info:
Company Website Facebook LinkedIn
We thank you for your application however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paladin Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Paladin Technologies
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?