Paladin Consulting is currently hiring a Senior Technical Business Analyst to join our team working onsite at our client's office located in Denver, CO.
We work with companies that offer environments for our employees to contribute, learn, and advance their career. We treat you like you are part of the family.
Job Title: Senior Technical Business Analyst
Work Location: Denver, Colorado
Duration: 1 Year Contract to Hire
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree
- 8+ years of experience in technical business analysis
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Job Description & Responsibilities:
The Senior Technical Business Analyst will work under minimal supervision translating requirements into detailed technical application documents using best practices and a sound knowledge of software design life cycles. They will also serve as a technical contact with third-parties and participates in project scoping and estimation tasks.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (software development team), the Business and the QA team through which requirements flow. Communicates and collaborates with all teams to analyze information and business workflow to deliver functional requirements,use cases, and user interface designs.
- Serve as primary IT business analyst on one or more large scope-projects and participate in project planning activities. Works with teams to document data interfaces and exchanges between systems and applications.
- Works with IT Project Managers to define and implement roles and responsibilities for SDLC activities for Project Managers and Business Analysts and assists project managers in preparation of appropriate management reports and provides explanations for delays and/or makes recommendations for improvement on more complex projects.
- Works with IT development and Break Fix team to develop, implement and maintain standards for business requirements documentation including functional requirements, process diagrams, use cases, business impact assessments, high level test plans and other documentation determined to be required
- Leads and facilitates design sessions to analyze business and user needs and incorporate subject matter expertise and technologists in functional areas as required
- Documents business requirements, expected business results, introduces requirements, for solutions analysis, and tracks progression through metrics
- Documents and tracks realized business outcomes and tracks through metrics
- Devises and/or modifies business processes to solve complex problems considering capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results as well as facilitating continuous improvement conducting periodic reviews of existing processes.
- Provides functional guidance during the design process, bringing awareness to business constraints and applies creative thinking and problem solving to create opportunities for innovation
- Develops functional design specifications in collaboration with business stakeholders and subject matter experts for reports, forms, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, and custom capabilities
- Reviews and develops user documentation and training materials, when appropriate, for more complex projects ensuring concerns, comments and any feedback is processed and addressed in a meaningful and consistent manner
- Supports all phases of testing by clarifying requirements, researching detailed issues and evaluating solutions for business value in support of projects
- Creates and prioritizes list of post-installation enhancements or modifications and participates in conducting end user training and provides support for cut over activities throughout the change's transition to operations
- Performs technical BA Analysis on break/fix and enhancements working with the business and developer to resolve and present solutions at governance meetings for approval.
- Understands full SDLC as well as preproject planning, can decipher what's wrong and who needs to fix it.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interviewing skills including meeting facilitation and business process analysis
- Strong project management skills
- Established strategic, critical analysis and decision making skills
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with both IT and the business
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including MS-Projects and an enterprise resource planning (ERP) program
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- User acceptance testing a strong plus
- Coding experience a strong plus
For more information or to view other opportunities, visit us at www.paladininc.com.
Paladin Consulting is an EEOC employer.