The Regulatory Due Diligence team is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented professional who is looking to work with a wide variety of individuals from the Investment Banking Division (IBD), Institutional Sales, Compliance and Operations to facilitate an excellent client onboarding experience and mitigate risks associated with the capture and documentation of related transactions. As a member of the Client On boarding organization, the individual will specialize in the review of documentation related to global financial regulatory obligations and the approval of new relationships for the Americas institutional business.
The individual will work directly with our internal partners, clients and sales in a fast paced environment with precision and accuracy. In addition, the individual will lead and motivate team members, work cross-functionally for process and procedure solutions and manage escalations. The ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and communicate to all levels of the organization, including sales, legal and compliance is critical.
The Regulatory Due Diligence team supports client onboarding including existing client maintenance and data quality management. The team manages key relationships for the firm and infrastructure providers and assists in the coordination of additional regulatory compliance checks for existing clients. The Regulatory Due Diligence team is a key part of the Client Onboarding team within Enterprise Operations.
The team is required to conduct regulatory adherence checks to meet its compliance obligations and other regulatory requirements. The SLC team covers the non-franchise business overseeing operations primarily for prime brokerage, futures, and derivatives clearing services. Having a working knowledge of the operational flow of a wide variety of products is an asset. The team also works closely with Technology to design new system enhancements to improve efficiencies and controls, and with Compliance to define and implement firm policies and controls.
In this role, you will be expected to engage the Business, Compliance, Credit, Legal and Operations stakeholders to ensure effective onboarding of clients. You will need to be a quick learner and understand the regulatory environment, including multiple new regulations, to identify risk and escalate concerns while ensuring to protect the firm and the clients. They will be required to have the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Ensure due diligence is performed to comply with "Know Your Customer” regulations
- Develop expertise in the Firm's Anti Money Laundering/Customer Identification due diligence policies
- Approve the opening of new accounts
- Design procedures to reflect changing regulatory requirements
- Devise and implement process improvement efficiencies
- Coordinate with internal and external clients to obtain relevant onboarding requirements
- Answering queries about client accounts/relationships
- Project management ranging from small enhancements to large-scale, global initiatives
- Ensuring all communications are of the highest professional standard to maintain client service excellence
- Timely and effective escalation of potential relationship issues and devising possible resolutions
- Taking responsibility for delivering against commitments
- Participate in regular meetings to maintain clarity and consistency surrounding workflow
- Develop required reporting and identify and implement efficiencies
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Confidence to engage professionally and persuasively with clients and senior figures within the firm
- Ability to think critically and apply thought leadership
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
- Experience in liaising with clients both internally and externally on a global basis
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Thrives in a teamwork oriented environment and works well under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills to work in a dynamic environment with changing requirements
- Aptitude to manage clients' expectations and follow-through with professionalism
- New account and operational / reconciliation experience is a plus
- Technical expertise in Microsoft Office as well as proficiency with web-based applications