Job Title: IT Delivery Manager
Work Location: Rockville, MD.
Duration: Direct Hire/Permanent
- Minimum Bachelor s Degree in IT or Engineering a related major
- 5+ years of experience working as a development delivery manager.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
The IT Delivery Manager will be responsible for providing project and technical guidance and support for the implementation and tracking of software development and technical projects. Achieving these tasks will require a minimum of 7+ years of experience in a Software Development leadership position managing multiple development resources.
- Responsible for moving projects across the various areas/silos of the IT organization.
- Ensure that all work effort is captured in the proper systems (like TFS, JIRA, etc.)
- Responsible for the execution of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Responsible for the delivery of high-quality results working across all IT teams.
- Monitor IT project performance and provide IT leadership project performance metrics
- Responsible for ensuring that projects are managed within finances and capacity planning of development resources.
- Design IT project plans, manage risk, follow/establish audit process, and ensure program execution is on time and within budget.
- Identifies project requirements and determines project scope; ensure the development of technical specifications for the development teams;
- Working along with development organization, facilitate sprint and release planning.
- Ensures that all operational and support teams have the needed artifacts for smooth operations and production support.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to understand software architecture, design, and development
- Strong attention to detail, organization, decision-making, and self-administrative skills required.
- Must be an expert in Agile and Scrum but also able to deliver using other SDLC processes.
- Experience in delivering applications in the financial sector (wealth management, front-office, back-office, etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Experience in a high volume production environment involving many transactions.
- Experience with agile management tools like TFS and JIRA is required.
- Strong experience with databases like SQL Server.
- Experience in delivering high capacity/high-performance applications.
- Strong experience understanding SOAP, REST, ETL, and systems integration is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
For more information or to view other opportunities, visit us at www.paladininc.com.
Paladin Consulting is an EEOC employer.