Fine Cheese Manager
Point Reyes Station, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Palace Market seeks a seasoned cheese pro to lead our industry leading selection of local cheese, accompaniments and wares.
Does the following sound like you?
- A combination of 2+ years fine cheese and retail/foodservice management experience.
- A provable knowledge of fine cheese and accompaniments, special emphasis on California cheese and makers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A growth mindset - can accept constructive criticism gracefully and adjust work accordingly.
- Obsessed with cheese.
- Proactive - You perform well under pressure because you’re always looking ahead, and planning, planning, planning.
- Type-A about cleanliness and food safety.
- A dependable and humble team player, who takes serious pride in everything you do.
- Provide and model warm and engaging customer service.
- Nurture a positive working environment and lead by example.
- Ensure all products are consistently offered in the best possible quality.
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working order.
- Provide thorough training, regular feedback, and mentoring for all department team members.
- Continually assess and improve profitability and product mix.
- Evaluate and improve SOPs as needed.
- Ensure correct ordering, receiving, unloading, storage, and rotation of merchandise.
- Can stand for 8hrs/day, 40+ hours/week.
- Can lift 50 pounds.
- Bend, squat, twist, reach, cut for the duration of your shifts.
- At least one weekend day
- Must be available to work holidays (we're closed Thanksgiving and Christmas)
- Paid sick time and vacation
- Company sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k matched to 4%
- Employee discount
- Paid volunteer and education hours
TO APPLY: Email a current resume and brief cover letter introducing yourself - incomplete applications will not be considered.More detail about Palace Market, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/151435-palace-market
AddressPoint Reyes Station, CA
Get fresh Cheese Expert jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.