Data Engineer/Reporting Developer
- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for a skilled individual to join our IT team to develop and support reporting solutions using MySQL databases.
- Develop and optimize complex SQL scripts and stored functions to support reporting requests from business users;
- Design and develop ETL process using bash scripting in Linux to automate data loads and extracts from transactional database to the reporting database;
- Investigate reporting/sampling of possible data anomalies;
- Design and develop data validation scripts to ensure integrity of the data in the reporting system;
- Monitor and report abnormal data loads, slow queries, and data integrity anomalies.
- 3-5 year(s) experience hands-on writing raw SQL queries and stored procedures using MySQL database;
- 3-5 year(s) ETL experience using bash scripts in a Unix Linux environment;
- Experience with MS Excel - charts, graphs, pivot tables, vlookup and other Excel functions;
- Solid understanding of MySQL explain plans and optimization of slow queries;
- Experience developing scripts using bash and running cron jobs;
- Ability to analyze and organize raw data;
- Ability to combine raw information from different sources;
- Interpret and conduct complex data analysis and report on results;
- Organized, detailed oriented, meticulous and precise when writing scripts;
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks;
- High attention to detail with a structured and methodical way to review scripts and queries;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competing priorities;
- Ability to adapt to new environments, and the ability to identify, propose and implement changes and improvements;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Formal Computer Science education.
M2J 5B5 CAN
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?