We want you to join out team of seasoned professionals to help our patients feel better and get well through integrative strategies. We holistically combine the arts of physical therapy, chiropractic and interventional pain management. PTA licensure is required. We will train you and help you develop lifetime skills as a clinician.
As a licensed and trainined physical therapist assistants you will work under the direction and supervision of physical therapists. You will help patients recover from injuries and illnesses, regain movement and manage pain. You will be involved in the direct care of patients as well as tasks that are indirectly related to patient care, such as cleaning and setting up the treatment area, moving patients, and performing clerical duties.
Physical therapist assistants typically do the following:
- Observe patients before, during, and after therapy, noting their status and reporting to a physical therapist
- Help patients do specific exercises as part of the plan of care
- Use a variety of techniques, such as massage and stretching, to treat patients
- Use devices and equipment, such as walkers, to help patients
- Educate a patient and family members about what to do after treatment
Physical therapist aides typically do the following:
- Clean treatment areas and set up therapy equipment
- Wash linens
- Help patients move to or from a therapy area
- Do clerical tasks, such as answering phones and scheduling patients