Santee Lakes is a 190 acre Park and Campground located in the city of Santee, California. The natural surroundings create a beautiful place to spend your leisure time. With seven scenic lakes, the Park offers many recreational activities including boating, fishing, picnicking, waterfront camping, rental cabins, two swimming pools and a spa. Our General Store is stocked with snacks, camping supplies, and fishing bait and tackle. There are seven playgrounds, including a Sprayground for those hot summer days and Boulder Island Adventure Course. There are also over 5 miles of trails for running, biking, and walking. For the bird watchers; over 200 species of birds call Santee Lakes home as well as several other varieties of wildlife.
Santee Lakes is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year and is stocked with 37,000 pounds of fish annually. The species of fish in all seven lakes include: Largemouth bass, catfish, trout, bluegill, and carp. We host several fishing events during the year including our Catfish and Trout Openers and youth fishing derbies.
The Campground has 300 full hookup sites including waterfront camping, Wi-Fi, cable TV, RV Club sites, 300 covered RV storage spaces, 10 rental Cabins, clubhouse, and laundry room. Check out www.santeelakes.com for more camping, cabin, general Park information and photos.
Santee Lakes is conveniently located 30 minutes from downtown San Diego, San Diego Zoo, Old Town, Seaworld, and several beautiful beaches. We are also located 45 minutes from Legoland California and the San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
The following Volunteer opportunities are available:
- Cabins Host: Provide visitor information; daily housekeeping maintenance of cabins and grounds; provide weekly after hours phone response on a rotating basis. Approximatehours are 10amto 3pm, 5 days a week.
- Camp Host: Provide visitor information; daily maintenance of campsites and restroom facilities; provide weekly after hours response on a rotating basis. Approximate hours are 9am to 1pm, 5 days a week.
- Clubhouse & Laundry Room Host: Coordinate weekly activities at the clubhouse; set-up and take down for groups and special events; maintain clubhouse, kitchen, restrooms and laundry facilities, 5 days a week. Hours vary according to weekly events.
- Gatehouse: Provide strong, positive customer relations to the public utilizing our park. Distribute information, collect fees, and provide communication support for office staff, 5 days a week. The hours vary form 6am to 5pm in fall/winter and 6am to 7pm in spring/summer.
- Grounds Maintenance (AM): Clean restroom facilities; collect ground trash; empty trash receptacles; prepare picnic areas, perform minor maintenance projects in the park. Approximate hours are 7am to 11am, 5 days a week.
- Grounds Maintenance (PM): Clean restroom facilities; collect ground trash; empty trash receptacles; prepare picnic areas, perform minor maintenance projects in the park. Approximate hours are 1pm to 5pm fall/winter and 3pm to 8pm spring/summer, 5 days a week.
- PM Patrol: Assist staff with evening park coverage, check-in campers, secure buildings and patrol the park and campground. Approximate hours 6pm to 10pm, 5 days a week.
- Utility: Assist with coverage of other positions on their days off; maintain clean park offices and store; assist staff with special projects. Approximate hours are 9am to 1pm, 5 days a week.