A great opportunity for graduate students or graduate degree holders and service organizations looking for part time hours!
* 4 research volunteers are requested to help with a nonprofit (Padma Sherni Inc.) which is working on a early childhood research study.
* The research assistants are needed for project activities: January to May for twice a week, 2 hours a day, including driving time.
Attend/Review a presentation about Padma Sherni Inc., Research Project Background, Complete IRB/CITI training for human subjects protection as needed, learn about the literacy assessment tool and practice role-play with another hired research assistant that you will be matched with.
A music, art, free play, and shared reading project for children ages 3 to 5 years of age and a pre and post project literacy assessment (Get Ready to Read assessment),and Prekinders Math Assessment.
After sign up and informed consent: the project activities include:
Day 1, Classroom 1, 2, 3, Day 2, Classroom 4, 5, 6,
20 minutes total per classroom, 3 sessions per day.
10 minutes: group story time: Stories from Songbook and then "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and other board books.
10 minutes of puzzle play and lego duplo
Program participant eligibility is
1) Parental permission/informed consent of an adult at least 18 years of age or older
2) Child's Age 3 to 5 years old enrolled in a preschool in Northern Delaware
* Research Assistant Qualifications:
- Age 18 years of age or older
- Personable and motivated attitude
- Access to phone and online meeting capabilities (for example: skype)
- Past work experience with student organizations or non-profits especially for fundraising is a plus
- Past work/volunteer experience in education, nursing, behavioral health, or public health is a plus
- Education: Presently in College studying in the field of child development, early education, public health, public policy, or nursing. College graduate preferred.
Please email your interest with cover letter, resume, and 2 references to
Pialee Roy at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 21, 2018.
Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity Policy:
Padma Sherni Inc. is a nonprofit organization committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants.
Padma Sherni Inc. does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, pregnancy, or citizenship status in any of its activities or operations, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
An applicant, employee, or volunteer may request a reasonable accommodation at any time, orally or in writing by emailing email@example.com or by calling Pialee Roy at 302-540-3870 or writing a letter to 200 Continental Drive, Suite 401, Newark, DE. 19713
Level of Language Proficiency: English
Professional Level: Entry level
Minimum Education Required: college degree or enrolled in graduate school