Padget Technologies, Inc. Cedar Falls, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
The Accounting Manager maintains all company accounting records.
· Directly responsible for billing, accounts receivable, general ledger, and month end.
· Coordinates with project managers for billing of all projects and maintaining appropriate accounting records.
· Coordinates group insurance and retirement contributions and assists with payroll & HR functions.
· Coordinates inputting of employees time sheets with office manager each week.
· Reconciles bank and investment accounts.
· Generates monthly and year-end financial statements.
· Communicates with bank on loans and other items as necessary.
· Works with owner on accounting items and deals with other customer payment issues.
· Works with project managers to deal with any issues related production management records.
· Work with the company’s accounting firm in the preparation of year end reports and tax returns.
· Attend and participate in continuing education or other training to update or maintain skills.
· Must be available to occasionally assist and serve as a back-up for miscellaneous office duties.
Reports to the president. Works closely with office manager and president on all accounting items.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
· Must have a detailed knowledge of corporate and cost accounting principles and systems.
· Must be able to read and comprehend government publications and access information on government websites.
· Must be able to keep corporate, financial and personnel records confidential.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
· Minimum of 5 years experience in corporate, job shop manufacturing and/or public accounting is highly desirable.
· Must be proficient and have an extensive background in Quick Books.
Ø demonstrate good organizational and time management skills.
Ø be able to perform under stress when confronted with deadlines and schedules.
Ø be able to work under pressure in a busy environment.
Ø be able to prioritize and organize daily duties, and work with occasional interruptions, without loss of efficiency or composure.
Ø handle duties in a positive and professional manner.
Ø be able to communicate, verbally and in writing, with co-workers and externally.
Duties are mostly performed in the office. The position does not require significant travel.
It is anticipated that as the successful candidate demonstrates proficiency in carrying out the duties of the position, and shows an aptitude for a higher level of duties, that the position will evolve to a level that would be closer to that of a CFO. Many of the more routine duties would be delegated, and more time would be spent performing duties that are currently being performed by senior management. However, in a small company there will always be a certain amount of routine accounting work that would need to be performed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job and the level of work performed by employees in this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities. To perform this job successfully the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and any offer of employment is on an “at will” basis.
Padget Technologies, Inc.Why Work Here?
Wide range of projects happening all the time.
Padget Technologies, Inc., is an engineering problem solving company. Our services include consulting, design, engineering, testing, prototype builds, specialty design and build services, strain gauge testing, specialty parts, production parts, production machines, and assembly and weld fixtures of all shapes and sizes. We have solved engineering challenges for a very wide variety of companies from micro circuitry to specialty machines requiring three semis to haul. Our focus on the solution employs the best possible design to solve the challenge we have been presented.
915 Center StCedar Falls, IA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Padget Technologies, Inc.