This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holdings Limited
- Safely and effectively operates Palletizer equipment to maintain equipment efficiency and produce quality product
- Troubleshoots line for minor issues with minimal assistance. Capable of performing equipment downtime assessment and error recovery. Recognize when to escalate to the Automation technician
- Utilize forklift for loading pallets, slip sheet, and rack. Inspect pallets to ensure they are in good condition
- Monitor incoming product quality ensuring the cases meet palletizer system requirements
- Provide support and guidance for palletizer material handler
- Maintain material for stretch wrapper, palletizer, and labelers
- Review product in the re-work area and analyze reasons of re-work. Perform recovery and resume operations. Communicate with upstream shift supervisor
- Maintain run efficiencies for the line and product type
- Communicates daily with shift management to target problem areas and devise action plans
- Provides break relief for pelletizer material handler and assist other operators, as needed.
- Follows all Company established rules and policies.
- Adheres to all Safety rules and regulations
- Maintain housekeeping in area(s) of responsibility
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience, preferably in the plastics industry
- Basic automation packaging and robot experience, desired
- Knowledge and experience with safety practices around automated processes
- Demonstrated electro-mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work independently, as well as, working within a team
- Flexibility for overtime and off -shifts, as needed
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristics protected by law.