Territory Sales Manager – North & South Carolina
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
The ideal candidate lives in the greater Charlotte, NC or Columbia, SC area. The person should have experience calling on account headquarters locations.
- Responsible for achieving / exceeding aggressive sales goals and executing sales plans, both volume and profit, adding value within assigned sales territory.
- Manages and enriches Pactiv-Customer relationship regarding pricing, product warranty claims, receivables, product quality, etc.
- Has direct one-to-one communication with customers, both present and prospective.
- Responsible for securing, maintaining and growing distribution of products and maintaining effective / profitable agreements.
- Performs field training and promotion work in the development of new accounts / end users.
- Executes product promotion through consultative application-based selling of product portfolio.
- Contacts prospects and explains features and benefits of product portfolio.
- Analyzes records of present and past sales, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenue, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred.
- Interprets accounts, trends, and records to management.
- Responsible for closing the sales transaction.
- Typical territory revenue is $7 - $15 million.
- BA/BS degree preferred in business, sales/marketing or related field.
- Prefer 3+ years of previous sales experience calling on various types of distribution (i.e., redistribution, paper, broadline, ethnic distributors).
- Must be able to travel frequently (30-40%) including some overnight travel.
- Be able to analyze the market, competition, and use this information to drive sales.
- Demonstrated skills and attributes include initiative, problem solving, negotiation, and persuasive communication skills (written, presentation and verbal).
- Ability to function independently.