Location: 1150 Varnum St NE, Washington, DC 20017
Shift 1: 0700 - 1500
Shift 2: 1500 - 2300
Saturday - Sunday
- Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigation disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other person to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurrences.
- Call police or fire department in cases of emergencies, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Able to obtain a security guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying. We will provide training for any hires who do not possess a card/license
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time Closing
- Shifts Available Afternoon, Evening, Overnight