- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is responsible for applying scientific expertise and technological principles to the study of food products and processes within the Bobbees Bottling manufacturing and research environment to ensure food quality and safety for our consumers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Evaluate the nutritional value, color, flavor, and texture of food to ensure that it meets customer specifications.
* Test food samples for particular types of molds, yeasts, and bacteria that may be harmful to consumers.
* Ensure that food manufacturing processes conform to government, processing, consumer, and industry standards.
* Explore alternative manufacturing methods.
* Produce new food products
* Work closely with other food production staff and outside experts, including microbiologists, engineers, packaging specialists, buyers, and customers.
* Establish low-cost, wholesale food production methods.
* Investigate and set standards for safety and quality.
* Ensure all required testing, calibration, and auditing is completed and documented in a timely manner.
* Maintain properly stored and categorized samples for easy retrieval and use.
* Other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
* Bachelor's degree in an appropriate subject such as food science/technology, food/chemical engineering, biochemistry, nutrition, microbiology, or chemistry.
* At least two years experience in an FDA regulated food manufacturing environment.
* Knowledge of a range of sciences and their applications to food.
* Good business, IT, analytical and numerical ability.
* Meticulous attention to detail, particularly with regard to health, safety, and hygiene.
* Good communication skills
* Strong team working skills
* Ability to work independently
42 Golden Leaf DriveLouisburg, NC
Get fresh Full Time FOOD Scientist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.