- Posted: 29 days ago
Project Engineer Description:
- Provides technical and engineering support Project Managers and Construction Managers
- Coordinates with Program Management staff, contractors, architects, engineers, inspectors, and consultants
- Participates in, and occasionally runs, design or construction meetings
- Makes field checks on construction, demolition, rehabilitation, alteration addition or repair projects to determine compliance with job specifications and plans
- Reads and interprets construction plans and shop drawings
- Assists in preparing written materials including correspondence, reports, procedures, and guideline
- Supports development of weekly/monthly status and photos reports for project team
- Reviews, estimates, negotiates, and processes construction change orders and construction field orders
- Reviews and enforces construction and professional services contracts
- Manages and directs contractors and outside consultants including reviewing and approving invoices
- Assesses project risks and develops risk registers including mitigation strategies
- Facilitates resolutions of construction and design issues
- Coordinates with Architects for timely and accurate responses to requests for information, submittals, Construction Change Documents, etc
- Generates and distributes meeting minutes (construction meetings, design meetings, etc.)
- Confirms contractor’s maintenance of record drawings prior to monthly progress payments to the Contractor
- Maintain project files in both electronic and paper format
- Reviews submittals for conformance to plans and specifications
- Generates and drafts Proposed Board Actions (PBA)
- Other job-related duties or projects as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 5 years minimum recent professional experience in a similar or equivalent position involved in project or construction.
- BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related degree. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative and make sound decisions.
- Experience on Educational programs/projects
- Experience on Central plant projects.
- Experience on large public works programs.
- Professional Engineer License (PE), Certified Construction Manager (CCM), or similar credentials
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?