Pacifica Hotels is actively searching for a Sous Chef for SALT at the Marina del Rey Hotel. The Sous Chef will assist the Executive Chef to provide qualify food to all restaurant patrons. The Sous Chef will working closely with the team to prepare all food and make sure the taste and presentation is at its best.
Situated in a scenic waterfront location on the world’s largest manmade small-craft harbor, the luxury Marina del Rey Hotel invites guests to unwind and indulge in equal balance. Whether you are here for business or leisure, we can ensure that your needs will not only be met, but exceeded at every turn, from our new guest rooms and suites, many of which overlook the dazzling marina, to our delightful dining at SALT Restaurant & Bar. Enjoy our brand-new infinity pool and spa that also overlook the beautiful marina.
“The company is family oriented and family friendly. They know who I am and they care about me as a team member and individual. I truly feel as though I have the opportunity to grow within the company.”
- Johnny, Restaurant Manager
Core functions of the position, but are not limited to the following;
• Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times, while providing personalized service to restaurant and hotel guests.
• Communicate effectively with guests and fellow team members.
• Plan menus, costs them out, set up line requirements and staffing. Review work schedules and plan/forecast accordingly with staffing needs and food production.
• Estimate food requirements and order food from suppliers.
• Maintain quality of food for both guests and employer: Instruct cooking team members on the fine points of cooking; inspect and taste all foods prepared before serving and adjust flavors and presentation as needed.
• Equipment operation and maintenance: Inspect the kitchen and walk-ins for satisfactory cleaning and equipment in need of repair. Maintain sanitation standards through knowledge of health department standards and regulations.
• Directly responsible for impacting food cost; maintain food costs in line with budget; accountable for the department P/L.
• Attend all required meetings and communicate all information daily.
• Provide assistance to other team members and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department, restaurant and hotel.
• Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
Health Benefits, Travel Perks & More
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401k, Vacation and Sick Leave are offered with this position along with a Team Member Travel Program, encouraging each team member to visit sister properties and enjoy exclusive team member rates for rest and relaxation. We also encourage quarterly team building and giving back to the communities in which we work through regular volunteering, and select charity promotions throughout the year.