At Pacifica Hospital of the Valley, we are looking to add a Director of the Emergency Department and Intensive Care Unit to our team. You'll be a member of the hospital's nursing leadership team and report directly to the Chief Nursing Officer.
· 24-hour responsibility for the overall nursing management of the departments/units – 7 bed Emergency Department and 7 bed Intensive Care Unit
· Develops, utilizes and manages an appropriate number of qualified staff to provide competent, compassionate, efficient and professional care
· Recommends and implements changes necessary for a positive work environment
· Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies (CDPH, TJC, etc.)
· Ensures that nursing practice goals meet changes within the healthcare environment
· Ensures appropriate staffing meeting the requirements of Title 22
· Forecasts short and long-term goals relative to the Hospital’s emergency services and operations to ensure consistency with Pacifica Hospital of the Valley’s overall strategic plan
Am I Qualified?
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
· Current CA RN License
· Current BLS
· Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the needs of patients served
· Ability to assess and interpret data in order to identify patient needs and provide the appropriate care
· Three (3) years of experience in critical care nursing with one (1) year in a management/leadership role
· Working knowledge of CA Nursing Regulations (Title 22, TJC, etc.)
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Ability to exercise professional judgement in performing day-to-day activities, ensuring adherence to hospital policies and procedures
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a stressful environment
Job Type: Full-time
The Hospital, a 231-bed acute care Joint Commission Accredited facility, has been a major provider of healthcare to adults in the San Fernando Valley for over three decades. The hospital offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient services, including 24-hour Emergency Care.
Pacifica Hospital is made up of more than 100 physicians who are highly trained specialists focused on providing state-of-the-art medical care. From diagnosis to treatment and follow-up, physicians work in tandem to deliver care that is personalized to each patient.