Solar Senior Preconstruction Design Project Manager
- Expired: December 08, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is looking for a Solar Senior Preconstruction Design Project Manager to join their team in Waipahu, HI.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the estimating process for the design build, conceptual/schematic and various stages of progress construction drawings thru final contract pricing for the solar industry
- Produce estimate summaries indicating project costs and margin potential, while making it easy to convert to both Owner's bid forms and Moss' internal budget sheet
- Prepare and track estimates as the design drawings progress, including, value-engineering analysis
- Follow estimating workflow charts established with estimators, including checkpoints with Estimator-Doers (i.e., mid-bid process, etc.)
- Establish and maintain good business relationships with trade contractors and vendors to assure the support and interest on the construction of solar projects
- Provide support to the early-stage project management, engineering, and operations team
- Communicate and interact effective with the project owner, design consultants and Moss staff meet the project goals
- Provide a high-level summary to the Leadership Team of all bids at the time of submission or by the following morning
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, electrical engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum 4 years' experience estimating or project management in the solar utility scale industry
- Strong computer skills are a necessity, such as MS Office / Excel / PowerPoint / Word, including familiarity with construction project management applications and estimating software
- Experience with HCSS Heavy Bid, Accubid, MS Project, Primavera, AGTEK and BlueBeam, InSite Software is an advantage
- Strong Estimating and Project Scheduling background
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and are required to interface directly with owners' representatives, the A/E team, building departments and other team members
- Ability to read, interpret and understand plans proficiently is a requirement
- Ability to read specifications and understand the subject matter
- Ability to perform accurate quantity survey take-off
- Leadership skills, experience with managing large teams of estimators or project engineers
Get fresh Solar Designer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.