To assist in the operation of the Quilcene shellfish hatchery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
- Maintain checklists and assure that all daily duties of the department are completed.
- Maintain the larvae, algae, or single seed cultures at high level of quality and health.
- Drain, clean, and fill tanks.
- Perform feeding procedures.
- Measure and record basic water quality parameters such as temperature, pH, fluorometer readings, and salinity.
- Maintain supplies of cleaning materials such as bleach and scrub pads.
- Chlorinate and flush seawater and algae hoses.
- Use a calculator to determine feeding and inoculation times.
- Use a scale and graduated beakers to prepare nutrients and additives.
- Observe all safety guidelines.
- Ensure that all sanitation guidelines are followed.
- Change screens in the larvae department.
- Perform broodstock care and feeding in the larvae department.
- Collect, measure, and record fluorometer and water flow readings in the larvae department.
- Detect screen damage and make repairs in the larvae department.
- Perform seed screening in the single seed department.
- Prepare shipments of seed in the single seed department.
- Count and record data in the algae department.
- Use a microscope to determine health of algae in the algae department.
- Clean filters in the algae department.
- Wash glassware in the algae department.
- Sterilize equipment and solutions using a steam sterilizer in the algae department.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Knowledge of shellfish hatchery or algae production
- Knowledge of cleaning or sanitation methods
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Work weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
At Pacific Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company profit sharing match
- Paid time off for all regular FT team members, to include paid sick and vacation
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge to Team Members and immediate family members
- Product purchase program
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.