Responsible for all operations of the broodstock hatchery including feed management, spawning, triploid process, water quality monitoring, record keeping, inventorying, and cleaning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
- Monitor feeding, environmental conditions, and fish behavior.
- Possess a basic understanding of the physiological requirements of the fish as it relates to the environment, cultural conditions and feeding practices.
- Oversee Fish Technician I employee(s).
- Participate in facility operations maintaining proper densities, predicting growth rates and ensuring sites are functioning at capacity.
- Specialized knowledge of fish nutrition in order to apply satiation feeding techniques to maximize growth in the most economical way.
- Learn and understand nutritional requirements of species in culture monitor feeding response and feed quality.
- Take responsibility in management of assigned site for the best use of resources and organization for maximum efficiency and profitability.
- Use team support when needed in the completion of duties.
- Learn and utilize computerized feeding systems and be able to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Maintain company assets in good operational condition.
- Work to continuously improve operations with respect to productivity, quality, safety, inventory levels and operating expense while utilizing effective aquaculture techniques.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to multi-task.
- Write weekly reports of site operations and maintain accurate records.
- Must be responsible for site report during weekly feed meeting.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
A. Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Brood stock experience
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver’s license
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Standby is a requirement for this position, applicant must live or be willing to relocate to within a 20 minute driving distance from the facility for responding emergency and alarm.
At Pacific Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company profit sharing match
- Paid time off for all regular FT team members, to include paid sick and vacation
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge to Team Members and immediate family members
- Product purchase program
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.