Unload product from vessels in a safe and timely manner, utilizing the appropriate equipment and proper handling techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
- Maintain and operate all dock equipment efficiently.
- Learn all product species, sub-types and specs on sorting/handling of all product received at the dock.
- Ensure all products received, processed or shipped meet Pacific Seafood quality expectations.
- Notify supervisor when there are inconsistencies.
- Communicate with leads, supervisors and other team members regarding supply material levels.
- Keep all work areas clean and organized at all times.
- Learn and apply all SSOP for all job requirements.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Six months related experience and/or training.
- Prior experience with crane, hoist, and forklift operation.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Forklift certification.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform all job duties required within company Safety and OSHA guidelines.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
At Pacific Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge to Team Members and immediate family members
- Product purchase program
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.