The Buyer is responsible for the ordering, based on approved requisitions, and availability of materials to meet development / production requirements. This includes responsibility for developing and maintaining competitive sources for materials, supplies and services.
- Develops and maintains competitive sources for materials, supplies and services. Coordinates source selection decisions with other company activities as required.
- Develops and maintains good supplier relations by adhering to high standards of business ethics and fair dealing.
- Obtains responsive quotations from suppliers who are qualified, capable, and willing to meet company requirements.
- Receives and evaluates proposals from potential suppliers. Develops negotiation plans, and with management approval, completes negotiations.
- Is consistent with technical requirements, delivery schedules and sound procurement principles.
- Expeditiously handles properly authorized emergency and rush procurements.
- Coordinates engineering, manufacturing and quality control requirements with suppliers.
- Documents procurement files to show that competent consideration has been given to all factors essential to effective and economical procurement.
- Monitors and provides vendor delivery status to ensure timely receipt of materials and supplies for company programs and requirements.
- Reviews contractual terms and conditions
offered to and requested by suppliers to ensure Pacific Scientifics best
interests are protected.
Performs clerical duties as required.
- Keeps abreast of the market, business cycles, scarcity, and surplus conditions.
- Follows all company purchasing policies and procedures.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's in Business or related field
- 1-3 years purchasing experience in an aerospace environment or equivalent experience. Previous experience in government procurement desirable.
- Supply Chain Management knowledge.
- Experience in sub-contract administration and blueprint reading a plus.