VDC/BIM Process Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position will serve as a VDC/BIM Process Specialist in MEP Construction Project Technology within the Operations Technology team aimed at efficiency in project delivery throughout Detailing, coordination, and prefabrication.
As a member of the VDC Operations Technology team, you will drive high value innovations and quality workflow improvements within a diverse team environment in three key areas:
· Project Coordination as a Technical Specialist
· Revit and Fabrication Software Setup and Implementation
· Internal Detailing Team Engagement in learning and Growth through written, web, and video media creation.
In VDC/BIM Coordination, you will own the your project’s general BIM Model and model setup responsibilities, VDC process and file management and content creation. Your work in setup of software, database and processes will contribute to our goal of developing the next generation tools and processes for VDC. And you will own responsibility for creating media (written, web/ html, video) in content bursts which engage our internal Detailers, Designers, BIM technicians and Field & Shop Personnel in growth and learning about new processes.
Experience desired in the following:
· Fabrication CADmep
· Web/ HTML/ Photoshop or other imaging or video tools
· Engaging Writing / Video Content from any form of marketing, creative or Social Media experience
VDC Operations Development Responsibilities
· Assist in Projects to Clean and Modify the Fabrication CADmep Database for Revit, build content, families and data sets for BIM, Project Data, Fabrication Processing Data and Estimating Data
· Develop out the Training and Testing Portal through documentation of processes by creating engaging media.
· Develop plan and implement small batch learning information releases in an engaging manner, delivering process training information concisely through media release and person to person training.
Coordination Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the project team with model management /coordination processes aligned with BIM Execution plans.
· Produce deliverable exports out of the model (Scan files to Point Cloud, mesh or family creation)
· Advise Detailing department staff on lessons learned; inform Project Manager of project delivery issues
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Degree in Engineering / Architecture preferred with 3-5 years VDC/ BIM/ 3D experience.
· Interest in writing/ video, training, marketing, or other forms of engagement.
· Must be able to work in a highly technical and fast-paced environment
· Ability to train small and large groups of people in new and existing technology
And we got there by strict adherence to one simple philosophy...
Always do the right thing.
Since our company inception in 1987, our core values haven’t changed. We still place the highest priority on honesty, integrity and respect for our customers and employees.
Pacific Rim Mechanical
AddressSan Diego, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Pacific Rim Mechanical
Get fresh Process Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.