Pacific Retirement Services Medford, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Pacific Retirement Services, a non-profit leader in the senior living/hospitality industry, is seeking a full-time Network Engineer to join our team of IT professionals in our home office located in Medford, Oregon. As the Network Engineer, you will design, install, administer, maintain, and optimize company infrastructure related components by ensuring availability, performance, security and serviceability of the business data and applications that utilize this infrastructure. You will also manage hardware and software operations including networking, communications links, firewalls, Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) administration, Virtual Private Network (VPN), Wi-Fi, Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP), copper and fiber cabling, computer rooms/environmental components, portals, peripherals, and all integration between these. This role also includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and working with managed partner resources.
What You Will Do:
- Assist on large projects including the selection, design and implementation of new systems, applications, hardware and third party services.
- Configure all new implementations and develop processes and procedures for ongoing management of the network environment
- Ensure the physical security, integrity, safety of the data center/server farm and all communications links and services.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the business application team and external managed partners to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of corporate network to meet business demands.
- Assist with establishing and implementing policies, procedures, access rights and technologies to ensure network security.
- Design, implement and monitor data center/server room security features, including HVAC control, environmental alarms, access restrictions, and so on. Responsible for network and telecom design and capacity planning.
- Interact with and manage vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure products and services.
- Monitor and test network capacity, performance and provide trending statistics and reports. Manage enterprise directory services and supporting server infrastructure.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, VPN, and intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Recommend and execute modifications to server environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance. Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, firewalls, and UPSs at all supported locations.
- Perform internal network security audits as well as support externally contracted audits and administer equipment, hardware and firmware upgrades.
- Develop and maintain training materials and network documentation. Implement redundant network setup and testing with regards to disaster recovery/business continuity.
- Assist with the managing the corporate telecom and data contracts including pricing and appropriate sizing.
- Document all numbers, circuits and contracts for all data and telecom networks at all supported locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Associate degree in computer science, IT infrastructure and development or a related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in a multi-location corporate server and desktop environment administering corporate multisite networks and designing, developing and implementing software and hardware solutions.
- Working knowledge of network, VLAN, WAN/LAN, SNMP, DNS and DHCP. Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products.
- Project management and team facilitation Excellent analytical, mathematical, creative problem-solving, written and oral communication, and listening and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy and security practices and laws.
- Valid driver’s license and insurable by the designated carrier.
- Help us keep our environment safe as well as the seniors that we serve. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement prior to employment.
What Pacific Retirement Services Offers You:
- We pay 100% of employee’s monthly Medical/Dental/Vision premium
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday time
- 401k with match
- An additional Employer Funded Retirement Plan
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage
Pacific Retirement ServicesWhy Work Here?
Great culture and great reputation in the community. Grow your career with us today!!!!
University Retirement Community is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) located in Davis, California. Residents enjoy comfortable, carefree lifestyles in private, pet-friendly apartment or cottage homes, where they have the security of knowing a comprehensive continuum of care is available on campus, should their health care needs change.
1 West Main StreetMedford, OR