At the Rogue Valley Manor, you will be part of a dynamic and talented team dedicated to the highest standards of integrity and service. The Rogue Valley Manor is Southern Oregon's only Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), and the longest standing accredited CCRC on the West Coast. We strive to provide unmatched quality of life through the complete continuum of healthcare and support services.
Rogue Valley Manor is looking for a Medical Assistant for an interim full time assignment. The Medical Assistant will work in the Family Practice Clinic specializing in the Geriatric population.
At the Rogue Valley Manor, we offer a competitive starting wage, low-cost on-site employee cafe, and use of the gym/pool and facilities.
(may include, but not limited to):
- Taking medical histories
- Explaining treatment procedures to patients
- Preparing patients for examination
- Assisting the physician during exams
- Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens
- Performing basic laboratory tests
- Instructing patients about medication and special diets
- Preparing and administering medications as directed by a physician
- Transmitting prescription refills as directed
- Drawing blood
- Taking electrocardiograms
- Removing sutures and changing dressings
- Medical assistants are instrumental in helping patients feel at ease in the physician's office and often explain the physician's instructions.
- Certified Medical Assistant Preferred
- Phlebotomy skills preferred
- Experience with injections
- Requires knowledge of patient care charts and patient histories.
- Medical Assistant or equivalent training.
- Minimum of one year experience in a health care field preferred.
- Basic knowledge of computer usage.
- Knowledge of patient evaluation and triage procedures.
- Knowledge of outpatient clinical administrative procedures.
Job ID: 2019-7404
Street: 1200 Mira Mar