We are seeking an experienced Senior Accountant for a ground floor opportunity to support processing revenue, accounts receivable, payroll, accounts payable, and other transactions and accounting activities for our California companies – and grow with us.
The company is a licensed organic cannabis cultivator in Monterey County, California, specializing in exotic and award-winning genetics. They supply cannabis products to dispensaries and delivery services throughout California. They are passionate about their work, the team, and the products they produce, and are seeking someone equally passionate about what they do.
- Process Revenue and Accounts Receivable transactional activity (includes: invoicing, posting/depositing/reconciling receipts, identifying/resolving payment discrepancies, revenue recognition adjustments, credit memos, updating Client accounts, collections process, helping solve Client problems, weekly reporting)
- Processing of Accounts Payable transactional activity (includes: ensuring appropriate documentation/approvals prior to payment, payment processing, answering vendor inquiries, updating vendor accounts, maintaining files, weekly reporting)
- Processing payroll, including payroll on-boarding and expense reimbursement transactions
- Input Accounting Journal Entry transactions and adjustments for cutoffs, accruals, closing procedures, prepaids, and related matters
- Perform data entry of transactional activity in the accounting system
- Perform monthly A/P, A/R and cash reconciliations
- Support implementation of new processes and strengthen internal controls
- Prepare and examine accounting records, financial statements, taxes, and other financial reports
- Develop and analyze reporting for business operations and budgets
- Report analysis and findings to management team
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Accounting or Business with significant accounting coursework
- Minimum four (4) years of professional accounting experience
- High attention to detail
- Self-motivated, achievement-oriented with strong time management skills
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Able to work in a deadline-oriented, fast paced business environment with shifting priorities
We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and providing a work environment free of discrimination, harassment, and bullying. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other classification protected by federal or state laws. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.