Our Long Beach branch is looking for a responsible and qualified individual to join our Marine Parts Department as a Technical Parts Specialist. A successful candidate will be a superior multi-tasker with great communication and customer service skills. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a talented and dynamic team.
What you will do:
- Answer incoming phone call and emails for customer/dealer parts inquiries.
- Research, provide estimates, determine availability and answer general parts questions
- Provide and assist internal customers/staff with parts support.
- Greet and help walk-in customers with parts orders and questions
- Create parts orders and process PO's as needed for internal and external customers
- Process core returns and credits as needed
- When needed, process all other aspects of parts department functions including cycle counting, inventory & freight management
- When possible, coordinate the opening of accounts with COD and walk in customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Participate in cycle counts, inventory audits, and other inventory management activities.
- Work with Parts and Service staff to ensure efficiency of service technicians and operation.
What we need from you:
- Critical thinking and multitasking skills.
- Ability to recognize and resolve problems quickly while attempting to minimize the impact to operations.
- Ability to assess needs and reprioritize to achieve success.
- Intermediate computer skills (typing, MS Office, emails, etc.).
- Excellent numerical and logical analytic skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Well defined organization and time management skills.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge in marine engines, products and parts
- Mechanical aptitude
- 2+ years of previous parts/warehouse experience.
- 2+ years’ customer service experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Forklift and pallet jack experience.
- Ability to lift 25-40 pounds routinely
- Occasionally lift over 50 lbs.
Pacific Power Group shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Pacific Power Group offers a competitive total compensation plan which includes a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending account participation, Paid Time Off (“PTO”), company-paid holidays, and a generous 401K match program.