Senior Food & Beverage Manager
Pacific Park Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $85,000 to $95,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental
Food service is one of the largest and most diverse departments in the Park with six quick-service food locations that include a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Funnel Cakes, Beach Burger and Scoops Ice Cream and Treats. Our Food and Beverage Department is currently seeking a Senior Food and Beverage Manager that must have the ability to thrive in a team environment, have a strong attention to details and consistently provide great guest service. Qualified candidates are highly motivated, excel in a fast-paced environment, highly motivated and demonstrate a strong understanding of hospitality and leadership.
The Senior Food and Beverage Manager will develop menus pricing, promotions and other programs. A strong understanding of menus, product offerings, packaging and pricing is required as is an eye for safety. Additionally, Managers will supervise the training and development of Food and Beverage Attendants, Leads and Supervisors on such topics as; department procedures, company policies and food handling/sanitation protocols.
This position will be exposed to all facets of the Food and Beverage operation including guest service, food handling and production, financials, inventory management, menus and administrative functions.
Pacific Park Overview:
Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier is LA’s only admission free amusement park that offers 12 amusement rides, 14 midway games, an ocean-front food plaza and dynamic retail experiences. The ever-popular Park and iconic Pier enjoy more than 8.5 million visitors annually. In addition to the Pacific Wheel, the world’s only solar-powered Ferris wheel, Pacific Park’s signature rides include The West Coaster, a steel roller coaster that races 55 feet above the Santa Monica Bay. The Park is operated by more than 500 team members, which includes full-time and part-time positions featuring a highly diverse, dynamic and passionate team.
The Senior Food and Beverage Manager reports directly to the Food and Beverage Director.
· Have the ability to interact with others in a mutually courteous and professional manner.
· Have the ability to effectively present information to others, including teammates, guests and upper Management.
· Have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule forms.
· Recognize guest and employee issues and proactively provide assistance.
· Have the ability to problem solve effectively and efficiently.
· Have the ability to perform and understand basic mathematic calculations.
· Have the ability to utilize and optimize Park used computer programs (Microsoft Office).
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide consistent, quality service to every guest and when needed, provide effective service recovery.
· Ensure the safety of guests and employees by following department and Park operational procedures.
· Lead by example; performing duties and responsibilities with honesty and integrity while in a fast-paced environment.
· Motivate and encourage the Food and Beverage Team at all employee levels. Promoting growth, fostering positive morale and teamwork.
· Show understanding of and follow/enforce Pacific Park’s policies focused on, but not limited to; Safety, Uniform and Grooming, Time and Attendance, Meal Periods, Cash Handling and more.
· Effectively hire, train, coach and develop employees per Food and Beverage Department standards and direction.
· Create and manage bi-weekly schedules to effectively and efficiently manage labor and budgets.
· Track and manage food costs on a shift by shift, day by day basis to meet Department and Company goals.
· Work with vendors and Senior Management on menu items and pricing.
· Maintain accurate inventory on a weekly basis according to department standards.
· Qualified Food and Beverage Managers will be trained and required to work with hot equipment (for example, fryers, grills, stovetops and ovens) as well as other kitchen equipment outlined by Food and Beverage Department procedures.
· All other duties as assigned by the Food and Beverage Director.
· All duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed according to Pacific Park’s policies and procedures as outlined in Pacific Park’s Employee Handbook.
· Previous Managerial experience
· California Food Handler’s Card
· Some culinary background is preferred.
· Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products.
· Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
· Must be available to stand for approx. 8 hours.
· Position requires constant standing and walking with occasional stooping, reaching, kneeling and crouching and squatting.
Location and Work Environment:
· This position is located on the Santa Monica Pier.
· Year-round weekend and holiday work is required including the ability to work a flexible schedule.
· This is a full-time position.
Pacific Park is an at-will employer.
This job description is not designed to contain nor be interpreted as a comprehensive account of all the responsibilities and/or qualifications required of an employee assigned to this job. These job duties may be subject to change at any time.
Our Company is committed to equal employment opportunity. Company will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identification, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Pacific ParkWhy Work Here?
Surf, Sand, Sun, and Fun! Come work with us!
Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier is LA’s only admission free amusement park that offers 12 amusement rides, 15midway games, an ocean-front food plaza and dynamic retail experiences. The ever-popular Park and iconic Pier enjoy more than 8.5 million visitors annually. In addition to the Pacific Wheel, the world’s only solar-powered Ferris wheel, Pacific Park’s signature rides include The West Coaster, a steel roller coaster that races 55 feet above the Santa Monica Bay. The Park is operated by more than 500 team members, which includes full-time and part-time positions featuring a highly diverse, dynamic and passionate team.
380 Santa Monica PierLos Angeles, CA