Director of Children & Family Ministries
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
In our Director of Children and Family Ministries (“DCFM”), we seek a Christian person with a great love for young people and the building and maintaining of a dynamic program drawing in and supporting young children, youth, and their families. Sharing the love of Christ to all the young people of our community is an integral part of the mission of this church, thus the DCFM will be pivotal in our outreach to the neighborhood. We believe in a relational ministry with programs for all age levels, including preschool children, school-age children, youth, and their respective families.
Responsibilities will include:
● Develop, supervise, and responsibility for all programs and curricula for children and youth (excluding the PPPC preschool) and their families, which include, but are not limited to:
o Sunday School
o Children’s sermons during Sunday morning worship services (normally twice monthly with Senior and Associate Pastors covering the other weeks)
o Chapel for the preschool children (normally twice monthly on Wednesday mornings with the Senior and Associate Pastors covering the other weeks)
o Afterschool midweek children and youth programs
o Special seasonal events (e.g. Trunk or Treat, Los Posadas, Easter Egg Hunt, July 4th Americanism parade)
o Develop family-centered fellowship activities and events
● Coordinate with PPPC Preschool and its director on joint projects and events and on religious education within the preschool classrooms. Ensure that preschool children and families feel invited to church-related family events.
● Plan and coordinate Vacation Bible School each summer
● Maintain a positive and inviting profile for our children and family programs on the church website and social media platforms
● Ensure a welcoming, nurturing environment is created and maintained for children, youth, and their families
● Network with the larger church’s Christian education community in order to obtain new ideas and keep the program fresh and growing
● Mission events for families and youth
● Youth trips (ski trip, mission trip, service learning, etc.)
Pacific Palisades Presbyterian Church
15821 Sunset Blvd.Los Angeles, CA
Get fresh Children Ministry Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!