Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 309801
Directorate: National Security Directorate
Division: Computing and Analytics Division
Group: Software Engineering and Architectures
PNNL is seeking to find talented software test engineers who are passionate about the creation of state of the art capabilities and solutions.
- Automate functional tests wherever possible.
- Work closely with developers and product owners
- Attend regular scrum meetings, prioritize and plan QA/functional tesging as well as other tests as necessary
- Professional experience with programming languages (JavScript, Python, Java, .Net)
- Ability to write unit tests, automated tests, and performance tests
- Professional experience as part of a test team
- Familiarity with CI/CD
- Familiar with front-end technologies, REST web services and/or Databases
- Good communication skills
- Test and debug new and existing software systems, web interfaces, and/or applications.
- Automate the test and validation of applications, systems, and processes.
- Incorporate automated test within the CI/CD process
- Write test plans, reports, and cases.
- Track bugs/issues and work with developers to resolve them and re-test
- Apply knowledge of software engineering practices (e.g. source control, problem tracking, design principles, etc.) with minimal oversight
- Take initiative to set personal direction and goals
- Stay current about industry developments
- Work collaboratively within a team to execute on the full system development life cycle
- Maintain or follow quality assurance procedures
- Demonstrate good time management skills
- Be able to work with different technologies
- You want to work in a lively environment full of scientists, engineers, and subject matter experts who love learning and thinking creatively
- You want to have impact on people's lives and national security problems
- You want to work in an environment where diversity and equality are highly valued
- You want to build novel solutions to complex problems
- You are independent in your every-day work, and self-directed in your career goal
Level 1: Expected to contribute professionally, building a professional reputation for technical expertise. Fully applying and interpreting standard theories, principles, methods, tools and technologies.
Level 2: Is self directed and capable of leading technical tasks on a project. Demonstrates software engineering best practices, provides mentorship to junior staff, and contributes to technical innovation (open source, lab initiatives, proposals, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree with 0-1 years of experience, or Masters with 0-1 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree with 2 years of experience, or Masters with 0 years of experience
- Expected to contribute professionally, building a professional reputation for technical expertise. Fully applying and interpreting standard theories, principles, methods, tools and technologies
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a federal security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Background Investigation: Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter in accordance 10 CFR 710, Appendix B.
- Drug Testing: All Security Clearance (L or Q) positions will be considered by the Department of Energy to be Testing Designated Positions which means that they are subject to applicant, random, and for cause drug testing. In addition, applicants must be able to demonstrate non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for the 12 consecutive months preceding completion of the requisite Questionnaire for National Security Positions (QNSP).
Directorate: National Security Dir
Job Category: Computation and Information Sciences
Group: Software Eng & Architectures
Opening Date: 2019-09-11
Closing Date: 2019-11-10