Are you a hard worker and have great attendance? Are you organized and detailed? Are you interested in being part of a small team in the aerospace industry with a family feel? If so, a job as a Shipping at PacMet might be just right for you!
Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Creating bills of lading for assigned outbound shipments
- Gathering and reviewing freight quotes for the optimal shipping solutions
- Updating key dates in manifest system
- Assist drivers in locating outbound freight
- Preparing customer required documentation, following up as needed, finalizing the shipment
- Communicating with different departments and freight carriers on a regular basis
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Remaining flexible to the needs of the shop at large and assisting others when primary duties are complete
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Basic math skills
- UPS/FedEx experience
- LTL or transportation experience
- Freight billing clerk experience
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds occasionally as needed
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Forklift experience or certification
- Aerospace industry experience preferred
All candidates offered a position with us must pass drug and background checks before hire.
Our generous benefit package, upon eligibility, includes: Medical, Dental and Basic Life & AD&D Insurance. These insurance benefits are paid 100% by the company for qualifying employees. Eligible dependent coverage is offered with an employee pre-tax contribution. We also offer the opportunity to contribute in the Pacific Metallurgical 401k plan with a generous company match, paid holidays, and Paid Time Off (PTO). Other benefits available with employee contribution include: Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Supplemental Insurance and EAP benefits.
If this sounds like something you are qualified for and interested in, send us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!