Providence is calling a Transition Planning Registered Nurse (0.78 FTE Day Shift) to the Case Management Team at Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA. We are seeking a detail-oriented licensed RN to assure patients are safely discharged. This is a Part-Time Day Shift position requiring some weekend work on a rotational basis.
In this position you will:
- Plan and coordinate activities related to transition planning.
- Develop and implement plan of care designed to meet the patient's 30-day post-hospitalization needs while ensuring continuity of care.
- Collaborate with medical staff, Primary Care Physician, patient's family, community agencies or facilities involving in patient's care, and the health care team.
- Assess, facilitate, plan, and advocate for health needs on an individual basis resulting in quality, cost-effective outcomes.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current Washington State Registered Nurse licensure
- Prior experience in discharge planning for medical/surgical patients in an inpatient or outpatient setting
All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within (5) five years of hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two (2) years' experience in an acute hospital setting
- Prior experience in an outpatient clinic setting providing primary or specialty care
- Prior experience working with Electronic Medical Records, such as EPIC
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office Suite
About the ministry you will serve:
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.