Providence is calling a Referral Coordinator (1.0 FTE, Days) to Providence Heart Clinic located at Mother Joseph Plaza Portland in Portland, OR.
In this position, you will:
- Be responsible for the documentation and implementation of policies and procedures relating to the Medical Management Process
- Serve as a resource to PMG providers and staff in regard to referral requirements for contracted insurance carriers, confirm contracted status of requested specialist or provide alternative suggestions if the requested specialist is not contracted with the patients insurance plan.
- Represent the first line of communication with physicians and the office staff.
- Receive all pertinent referral information and forwards requests to the insurance plan through different electronic mediums (fax, web-based applications and telephone) as indicated.
- Be required to review referrals for basic elements and refer to appropriate staff.
Support phone queues as assigned, i.e. Physician Answer Line, Bridge Access Line.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- 2 years of working experience in a medical clinic.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding
- Knowledge of insurance billing and managed care.
- Data processing skills, such as, word processing.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 2 years of Medical Assistant experience.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.