Providence is calling Phlebotomist to one of our various clinics in the Portland Metro and surrounding areas.
If you are someone that is looking for a rewarding position with a Mission driven organization with focus on caring for the poor and vulnerable, then this is the place for you! We are seeking individuals with phlebotomy training and great customer service skills.
We have full-time, part-time, and on-call positions for all shifts available in our Portland Metro Outpatient locations. Submit your application today!
In this position, you will:
- Be responsible for the accurate and timely pre-analytical functions of patient identification, blood and body fluid specimen collection and specimen labeling.
- Provide support to multiple regional laboratory personnel.
- Be integral to maintaining the integrity of patient specimens in order to provide accurate and timely patient care.
- Interface with all departments within the medical centers, patient service centers, care givers, vendors, and consultants.
Beaverton, Hillsboro, Tigard, Newberg, Tualatin, Oregon City, Clackamas, Gresham, blood draw, Medical Assistant, phleb, certified phlebotomist, lab, clinical lab
- 1 year of phlebotomy related experience -or-
- Successful completion of a nationally accredited phlebotomy or medical assistant training program, -or-
- Successful completion of an internship in a Providence laboratory while actively enrolled in and progressing through a nationally accredited phlebotomy or medical assistant training program.
- Knowledge of specimen handling and collection requirements, general laboratory workflow, and basic medical terminology.
- Certification (Certified Phlebotomy Technician (PBT), etc.) from a government agency or nationally recognized organization, eg. American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP),National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel (NCA)