Providence is calling a Primary Care Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Yukon Cottage, Night Shift, 0.9 FTE) to Providence Extended Care in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Communicate closely with the resident and their family.
- Supervise overall resident care for a specific group of residents within scope of practice according to licensure.
- Administer medications and treatments and provide direct licensed nursing care for a specific group of residents on a given shift.
- Contact other members of the healthcare team as needed.
- Report to the C.N.A.s and gains a return report from the C.N.A.s during the shift.
- Collaborate with all other healthcare professionals as needed for service for appropriate residents.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Current license as a Practical Nurse in the State of Alaska
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire
- Proficiency in medication administration
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate ideas verbally and in writing
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 6 months nursing experience in a health care facility, acute care, long term care or rehabilitation center
- Supervisor/leadership experience
- Acquired skill or ability to become proficient in IV therapy within scope of practice according to licensure
About Our Community
Providence Extended Care at the Cottages is located on a campus that includes eight cottages and a Commons Building. The Cottages are home to 96 residents. The Commons Building includes the facility reception area, Resident Bank, Gift Shop, Rehabilitation Therapies, Chapel, Supplies, Plant Services, Dietary, Support Services, Staff Development, Administration offices and Conference Rooms. The Cottages bear the names of Alaskan rivers and are arranged in alphabetical order along Compassion Circle.
Each cottage is a home that contains 12 private bedrooms/baths situated around a warm, inviting hearth and living area. An open kitchen allows residents and guests to enjoy the aromas and happenings of a kitchen, just like home. Each Cottage includes a Den along with a Spa and beauty/barber shop station. A patio off the dining area provides easy access to the outdoors and gardening opportunities. Large windows in the living area provide views for all to enjoy.