In this position, you will:
- Be responsible for performing duties in support of the core functional areas of case management focusing on coordination and technical support of the programs.
- Function in a team environment, providing requested services in a centralized setting on behalf of the Providence Medical Group (PMG) clinics.
- Serve as an expert resource to PMG providers and staff concerning processes relating to case management.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge, skills and abilities that are typically acquired through completion of a certified medical assistant program
- National certification as a Medical Assistant or within 1 year of hire
- 2-4 years of clinic experience
- Excellent verbal communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills
- Working knowledge and/or experience in a utilization management function (3-5 years in related field)
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.