- Be responsible for handling customer inquiries by telephone regarding verbal reporting of results, concerns of service failures and other duties to provide customer satisfaction.
- Report laboratory results to clients using established protocols, document reporting or call history in the patient's electronic record, and maintain appropriate records.
- Contact clients to resolve routine issues related to patient testing and result reporting.
- Identify Account and Sales Executives of issues that may require a face to face visit and/or generate Sales leads for Sales Specialists.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promotes team concept and reflects the Sisters of Providence mission and philosophy.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of industry related experience
- 1 to 2 experience in customer service
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of personal computer applications and current on new technology
- Knowledge of specimen handling and collection requirements, general laboratory workflow and basic medical terminology
- Ability to type 30 wpm
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 to 2 experience in customer service in a high volume call center
- Possess a lab background
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.