Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Resident Services, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Horizon House in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Provide care to residents living in Horizon House; protect, sustain and nurture the residents by providing assistance with activities of daily living and meeting other needs as required.
- Provide assistance in a manner that promotes a high quality of life.
- Assist residents with personal care functions including: dental and mouth care, bathing, dressing and grooming, hair care, nail care, shaving, bowel and bladder care, and other personal and hygiene care.
- Measure and record vital signs, weights, bowel records, and other required documentation and report changes to the Nurse in a timely manner.
- Assist with transporting residence to and from activities and participating as needed, transport residents to and from the dining room and assist with moving, positioning and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Keep all areas of Horizon House clean, perform routine housekeeping duties; make occupied and unoccupied beds and change bed linens; launder clothing, linen and other articles.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Licensed as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in the State of Alaska
- New CNA graduates and candidates that hold a current, unencumbered nurse assistant certification or registration from another U.S. state must obtain the State of Alaska certification within 4 months of employment
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification within 4 months of hire
- First Aid certification within 4 months of hire
- Able to read, write and speak English
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 6 months experience as a nurse aide, nursing assistant or private care-giver
- Experience with Microsoft software such as Word, Excel and Publisher