The Director for the Center of Continuing Nursing Education collaborates with faculty to initiate, develop, and offer Nursing and healthcare continuing education.
Continuing education course examples include:
American Nursing Credentialing Center contact hour courses: Pharmacotherapeutic, Procedures, Preceptor education and more
WA state Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction clock hour classes: Introduction to School Nursing and Keeping Kids in the Classroom
WA Nursing Commission approved: RN Refresher program and Opioid Prescribing and Pain Management
● Serve as primary nurse planner for the Center for Continued Nursing Learning.
● Maintain accreditation through MNA and/or other accrediting bodies and manage the reporting and renewal process.
● Provide curriculum oversight and review for any continuing education offerings through CCNL and the GPCE.
● Generate ideas for continuing education needs in the PLU nursing community.
● Collaborate with, educate, and encourage PLU Nursing faculty to be Associate Nurse Planners and engage in delivering continuing education offerings.
● Ensure Associate Nurse Planners follow accreditation guidelines when planning and implementing continuing education offerings.
● Recruit qualified CCNL instructors and speakers from the larger nursing and healthcare community.
● Manage CCNL budget in collaboration with the Dean of the School of Nursing.
● Maintain regular communication with the Dean of the School of Nursing and Continuing Education Coordinator about CCNL faculty, programming, expenses, and strategic efforts.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
Requires a MSN degree and active Unencumbered RN license in WA.
Experience in healthcare, clinical, or continuing education with distance, blended/hybrid, and/or online education.
PT; 20 hours per week. Schedule flexible, generally Monday-Friday between 8am and 5pm.
$33.65-$37.02 per hour, DOE + excellent benefits package.
Apply at https://www.plu.edu/human-resources/employment/