- Expired: January 31, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Becoming a part of 11Residential is exciting and rewarding for those who enjoy working with a dynamic team. Join us as we exceed our residents' expectations of a place to call home.
Walla Walla, WA
Are you an experienced maintenance professional who is ready to supervise and motivate a team to achieve property-specific goals in the multifamily industry? Are you ready to build upon your skills and knowledge with a company that provides you with the tools to excel? At 11Residential we understand that our success is related to how our service teams address resident needs and maintain our communities.
The Maintenance Supervisor reports to a Property Manager and works to ensure apartment homes and facilities for an assigned apartment community are in good working order and maintained to standards for 11Residential. Primary responsibilities include coordinating the maintenance team to ensure the repair and maintenance of property facilities and apartment units; prompt and courteous responses to service requests; an adequate supply of market ready apartments to meet leasing demand; property appearance which meets or exceeds standards. The Maintenance Supervisor assists with hiring, training, and developing assigned maintenance staff which may include landscaping staff.
- Supervise and schedule maintenance activities for apartment community and maintenance staff
- Work with the office team and Property Manager (i.e., walking apartments, move-in/move-out reports, etc.). Determine weekly apartment make-ready and Service Request schedules. Report apartments that are ready to show to the Property Manager.
- Complete weekly/daily maintenance employee schedules and assignments in tandem with Property Manager.
- Communicate assignments and major tasks to employees. Make sure they have all the instructions necessary to complete assignment properly.
- Periodically check the work progress of each maintenance employee. Provide immediate assistance and instruction as needed.
- Provide input to Property Manager regarding employee performance evaluations, employee compliments from residents, corrective counseling needs, etc.
- Assist Property Manager in recruiting and interviewing potential staff members.
- Oversee apartment make-ready procedures
- Walk all vacancies to determine make-ready needs. Coordinate effort with Property Manager to make schedule and assignments. If major appliances or carpets need replacing, discuss with Property Manager before taking action.
- Ensure all repairs/replacements necessary for apartment to be occupied are completed.
- Ensure all trash from apartments are cleaned out before, during and after make-ready activity.
- Make regular inspections of the grounds, buildings, and major equipment
- Coordinate and schedule appropriate safety and skills training for maintenance employees
- Assess training needs of employees and along with Property Manager, Training Department, provide input for training programs.
- Provide one-on-one training to employees that may need to polish current skills or wish to learn new skills. Prepare, train and encourage all levels of maintenance staff for the opportunity to be promoted.
- Provide initial safety and safety equipment training for all new employees.
- Coordinate, schedule and respond to resident/management requests and Service request for occupied apartments
- Use Service Request and schedules to establish priorities. Determine with Property Manager, requests or emergencies that should be top priority. Assign Service Requests equally to Service Technician(s). Monitor the completion of Service Requests in order to limit callbacks.
- Repair/replace appliances; Repair/replace plumbing systems;
- Repair/replace air conditioning/heating/electrical systems;
- Repair/replace any apartment material/maintenance requests within scope of management responsibility.
- Monitor the number of times a specific repair must be repeated and communicate with Property Manager to determine course of action.
- Identify and correct hazardous community conditions
- Tour property daily to look for needed maintenance and liability hazards and report to Property Manager. Repair hazards or assign completion of these tasks to the Maintenance Technicians. Also, secure storage/pool (if applicable) areas, check timers and listen for electrical shorts and malfunctioning motors.
- Periodically complete written property safety audits.
- Order supplies and manage maintenance budget
- Work with Property Manager and get input from maintenance staff, determine supplies and equipment. Property Manager approval is mandatory prior to placing orders for major expenditures and unbudgeted items.
- Provide input to Property Manager in determining needs for next fiscal year budget
- Available or on-call for emergencies when assigned
- Knowledge of and compliance with the Fair Housing laws
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma/GED and three to five years of experience in multifamily property management, facility maintenance, and/or mechanical repair required, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- HVAC experience REQUIRED
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair plumbing systems, electronic systems, all major appliances, pool and spa equipment and other systems on community (gates, phone jacks, irrigation systems, etc.)
- EPA Type II or EPA Universal license preferred
- Valid driver's license from the state of residence REQUIRED
- One to three years of Supervisory experience preferred
Must possess strength, stamina, and mobility to perform medium to heavy physical work, to work around machines, to climb and descend ladders, to operate a variety of tools and equipment, and to operate a motor vehicle; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen and to distinguish colors in wiring; hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone or radio. Frequent walking in operational areas to identify problems or hazards. Finger dexterity needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, calculator and to operate tools and equipment. Incumbents in this classification bend, stoop, kneel, reach, and inspect work sites. Incumbents must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 50 pounds or heavier weights with/without assistance and/or the use of proper equipment.
11Residential recognizes that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding advancement opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefits package* including, but not limited to, the following:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Opportunities for promotion and internal career advancement
*Eligibility for benefit plans and programs vary based on hours worked and length of employment.
We are committed to providing service excellence and value to those who depend on us at 11Residential. We invite you to explore our career page and find your place at 11Residential!
You must be able to pass an alcohol/drug screening, background check and have a clean driving record.
Drug Free Workplace
Pacific Living Properties
AddressWalla Walla, WA
Real EstateView all jobs at Pacific Living Properties
Get fresh Maintenance Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!